Thursday 1 January 2015

Away We Go!


Wow!
The time has flown by. It's already 2015 and a new year is starting whether I'm ready for it or not.

Was I done with 2014?
I don't think so.
I feel like each event snuck up on me and left me feeling ill-prepared.

So... start fresh. What better time than now. I'm going to forget about my backlogged 2014 dayplanner and focus on getting organized so I can enjoy this new year.

I'm not saying 2014 was a bad year, in fact, it was great, but I feel like I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. My kids are little, and I won't get this time with them back. I need to step back and re-evaluate.

Have you heard of One Little Word (OLW)?

The basic gist of this is to make one word your mantra for the coming year. You keep it as your focus and instead of making a resolution that ultimately fails, you start each day with that word in your mind. There are 365 days to make-over your mindset, a little at a time.

Baby steps... that's what I need.

This year, my word is prioritize.

Yep, sounds simple, right? Just focus on what's important and make sure that it doesn't get lost in the day-to-day.

I struggle with it.

So for me, I will prioritize my days so that what needs to get done, gets done, but that time doesn't just slip through my fingers.

"The days are long, but the years are short."

I love this quote. Gretchen Reuben wrote the Happiness Project and this is a little bit of wisdom I stole from her.

Sometimes, with little kids, busy jobs, chores, upkeep on the house and vehicles, and to-do lists that stretch for miles, the days feel long.

Really long.

I find myself thinking "If I could just make it to bedtime, I can get this done...." or

"If I can just squeeze one more errand in before naptime, I can check this off..."

And I miss things because of that. This whole year, full of days that felt long, is gone, and I can't believe it.

So.

Starting today, things are going to change.


I think it will start slowly.

Baby steps.

-Being mindful. A little less time online... less pinning and more doing ;)

-A lot of downsizing and decluttering to kick things off.

-Perhaps a little give on what needs to get done and a little more organization to keep things running smoothly.

-A little less pressure on myself and a little more commitment to my own well-being.

So, here goes.

Prioritize.

Do you have plans for the new year or ideas to help me prioritize? Feel free to share, now or throughout the year. I may need help along the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment