Monday 25 March 2013

Treasured Memories Projects - March

Some more layouts I've done for Treasured Memories

This month, I got a kit full of My Little Shoebox products. Very girly and pink and an interesting mix of old-fashioned and modern designs. I liked it. 

Luckily, I just happen to have oodles of cute, baby girl pictures to use with it. 

Unfortunately, without really thinking about it, I made four layouts about a sleeping baby.... I usually try and mix it up a bit more than that, but oh well, the designs are quite different.


These first two utilize song lyrics. Both of these songs are kind of our go to lullabies in this house. Emma really likes Twinkle, Twinkle at the moment. It's amazing how a certain song can calm a baby down. 

I used my Cricut to cut out the title and the laser-cut roses (kraft) on the layout above and to cut the stars and circles out of the white cardstock on the layout below. I'm really loving it at the moment. Design Studio made it alot more useable, and it's free!!


I splattered a bit of paint on the layout above, because the background looked a little boring... I think it works. I also added some Kaisercraft pearls to the star and circle cut outs to make them 'twinkle'. I also popped the three clouds around the photo mat to make them stand out a little and add some dimension.


Since I have a ton of sleeping pictures, I wanted to make a layout to use up a bunch of them, and grids are the best way to make a multi-photo layout look clean and uncluttered. The line border was a simple freehand, messy one that I drew with a pen, making about 7 passes to make it a little thicker.

These flower die-cuts in the first layout and the one above (see them by the 'True Love' sticker?) are from My Little Shoebox as well. I like the roll-up flowers. They add a little dimension and look cute.


This layout uses the roll-up flowers, too, but I chose not to roll them. I just left them as they were and tucked them behind some other elements. I like them either way. 

I used another song on this one (I actually forgot). You can see it on the journaling card. I think it's so cute and fitting. What sleep I'm getting is usually still spent worrying/dreaming/thinking about my girls. If you'd like to use this, too, it's a free printable that you can find here.

I sewed on this layout a little bit. If you look close, I freehand sewed three circles behind the photos, and it just peeks out around the title. I used a wide zig zag, a narrow one, and a straight stitch to make it.

In case I haven't sold you on a Cricut or made you want to add Design Studio to your current Cricut projects, check out the arrows and feathers on this layout. They're from a free cartridge on the Design Studio. I love both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment